Dr. Goutam Ghosh
Date of birth: 2nd April, 1986
Telephone- (+91)-3324734971 (ext. 1137)
Education and Professional Career
- Research Associateship (2015-till date): Polymer Science Unit, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India.
- Ph.D. (2014): University of Calcutta, India. (With Prof. Dipak K. Mandal).
- M.Sc. (Chemistry) (2008): University of Calcutta, India. (Marks obtained: 71 %).
- B. Sc. (Chemistry) (2006): University of Calcutta, India (Marks obtained: 61 %).
- Synthesis of naphthalene diimide derivative and their self assembly.
- Determination of packing of Pi-Conjugated molecule by crystallization.
- Studies of folding and structure of proteins and peptides.
- Ghosh, G., Mandal D. K. Novel Unfolding Sequence of Banana Lectin: Folded, Unfolded and Natively Unfolded-Like Monomeric States in Guanidine Hydrochloride. Biochimie. 2014, 99, 138-145.
- Ghosh, G., Mandal D. K. Differing structural characteristics of molten globule intermediate of peanut lectin in urea and guanidine-HCl. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2012, 51,
Fellowship and Award
- CSIR-SRF (July, 2011- June, 2014).
- CSIR-JRF (July, 2009 – June, 2011).
- CSIR-NET – Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR-JRF), December-2008.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2009.
- National Eligibility Test for Lecturership (NET), jointly conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and University Grant Commission, India, June-2008.