Dr. Jayita Sarkar
Date of birth: 15th May, 1984
Telephone- (+91)-3324734971 (ext. 1137)
- M.Sc. (Chemistry) (2007): Burdwan University, India. (marks obtained: 80%)
- B. Sc. (Chemistry) (2005): Burdwan University, India (marks obtained: 71%)
- Biodegradation of persistent-organic-pollutants (POPs),mainly endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs).
- Metagenomics for harnessing uncultured microbial world.
- Polymersome mediated in vitro myotube formation.
- (1) J. Sarkar, P.P. Chowdhury and T.K. Dutta*, “Complete degradation of di-n-octyl phthalate by Gordonia sp. strain Dop5” Chemosphere 2013, 90, 2571-2577.
- (2) P.P. Chowdhury, J. Sarkar, S. Basu, T.K. Dutta*, “Metabolism of 2-hydroxy-1-naphthoic acid and naphthalene via gentisic acid by distinctly different sets of enzymes in Burkholderia sp. strain BC1”
Microbiology 2014, 160, 892-902.
- (3) T.K. Dutta*, A. Dutta, J. Chakraborty, J. Sarkar, P.P. Chowdhury, I.C. Gunsalus, “Purification and properties of reductase of the three-component p-cymene methyl hydroxylase from Pseudomonas chlororaphis subsp. aureofaciens” Process Biochemistry 2012, 47, 1263-1267.
Fellowship and Award
- CSIR fellowship, INDIA (DECEMBER, 2006 AND JUNE, 2007).
- GATE, INDIA (2007).