Dr. Pradip Dey
Education and Professional Career
- National Postdoctoral Fellow (April 2017- March 2019): Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Suhrit Ghosh)
- Postdoctoral Researcher (Nov 2015- March 2017): Institute for Chemistry and Biochemistry, Free University of Berlin, Takustr. 3, 14195 –Berlin, Germany (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Rainer Haag)
- Ph.D. (Chemistry) (Dec 2010 – August 2015) Institute for Chemistry and Biochemistry, Free University of Berlin, Takustr. 3, 14195 –Berlin, Germany (Title: Polyglycerol Based Hydrogels for the Immobilization of Catalytically Active Enzymes and as Scaffolds for Cells, Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Rainer Haag)
- M.Sc. (Chemistry) (2010): Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. (CPI: 8.5/ 10.0)
- B.Sc. (Chemistry) (2008): Presidency College, Kolkata affiliated to University of Calcutta (marks obtained: 69.75%)
- Self-assembly of glycerol functionalized NDI.
- Stimuli-responsive Polyglycerol based nanoparticles for drug delivery.
- R. Bej, P. Dey and S. Ghosh ” Disulfide Chemistry in Responsive Aggregation of Amphiphilic Systems “
Soft Matter. 2019, DOI: 10.1039/C9SM01960J (in press).
- Mohammad Suman Chowdhury, Wenshan Zheng, Shalini Kumari, John Heyman, Xingcai Zhang, Pradip Dey, David A. Weitz & Rainer Haag “Dendronized fluorosurfactant for highly stable water-in-fluorinated oil emulsions with minimal inter-droplet transfer of small molecules” “
Nat. Commun. 2019,10, 4546 DOI: 10.1038/s41467-019-12462-5
- R. Barman, P. Dey, T. Mondal and S. Ghosh “Synthesis and Self-assembly of Helical Polymer Grafted from a Foldable Polyurethane Scaffold “
Chem. Asian J. 2019, DOI: 10.1002/asia.201901119R1 (in press).
- R. Randriantsilefisoa, J. L. Cuellar-Camacho, M. S. Chowdhury, P. Dey, U. Schedler, R. Haag, Highly Sensitive Detection of Antibodies in a Soft Bioactive Three-Dimensional Bioorthogonal Hydrogel, J. Mater Chem. B., 2019, 7, 3220-3231.
- S. Kumari, K. Achazi, P. Dey, R. Haag, J. Dernedde, Design and Synthesis of PEG-Oligoglycerol Sulfates as Multivalent Inhibitors for the Scavenger Receptor LOX-1, Biomacromolecules, 2019, 20, 1157.
- S. Hemmati-Sadeghi, P. Dey, J. Ringe, R. Haag, M. Sittinger, and T. Dehne, Biomimetic sulfated PEG-hydrogel inhibits proteoglycan loss and TNF-induced expression pattern in an osteoarthritis in vitro model, J. Biomed. Mater. Res., Part B, 2019, 107, 490.
- P. Dey,§ P. Rajdev,§ P. Pramanik,§ and S. Ghosh, Specific Supramolecular Interaction Regulated Entropically Favorable Assembly of Amphiphilic Macromolecules, Macromolecules, 2018, 51, 5182-5190. § – equal first authors.
- P. Dey,# T. Bergmann,# J. L. Cuellar-Camacho, S. Ehrmann, M. S. Chowdhury, M. Zhang, R. Haag, W. Azab, Multivalent Flexible-Nanogels Exhibit Broad-Spectrum Antiviral Activity by Blocking Virus Entry, ACS Nano, 2018, 12, 6429-6442. # – equally contributed.
- F. Fenaroli, U. Repnik, Y. Xu, K. Schmidt, S. Van Herck, P. Dey, D. Frei, F. Miltzov Skjeldal, S. Bagheri Fam, A. Kocere, R. Haag, B. De Geest, M. Barz, D. Russell and G. Griffiths, Enhanced Permeability and Retention-Like Extravasation of Nanoparticles from the Vasculature into Tuberculosis Granulomas in Zebrafish and Mouse Models, ACS Nano, 2018, 12, 8646.
- Q. Ran, X. Xu, P. Dey, J. Dzubiella, M. Ballauff, R. Haag, Interaction of human serum albumin with dendritic polyglycerol sulfate: Rationalizing the thermodynamics of binding, J. Chem. Phys., 2018, 149, 163324.
- A. L. Herrmann,# L. Kaufmann,# P. Dey, R. Haag, U. Schedler, Bioorthogonal in situ Hydrogels based on Polyether-Polyols for new Biosensor Materials with high Sensitivity, ACS Applied Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10, 11382. # – equal first authors.
- X. Xu, Q. Ran, P. Dey, R. Nikam, R. Haag, M. Ballauff, and J. Dzubiella, Counterion-release entropy governs the inhibition of serum proteins by polyelectrolyte drugs, Biomacromolecules, 2018, 19, 409.
- C. Schlaich, Y. Fan, P. Dey, J. Cui, Q. Wei, R. Haag, and X. Deng, Universal, Surfactant-Free Preparation of Hydrogel Beads on Superamphiphobic and Slippery Surfaces, Adv. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 5, 1701536.
- B. V. Lospichl, S. Hemmati-Sadeghi, P. Dey, T. Dehne, R. Haag, M. Sittinger, J. Ringe, M. Gradzielski, Injectable Hydrogels for Treatment of Osteoarthritis – A rheological study, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2017, 159, 477.
- P. Dey,# T. Schneider,# L. Chiappisi, M. Gradzielski, G. Schulze-Tanzil,* and Rainer Haag,* Mimicking of Chondrocyte Microenvironment using In Situ Forming Dendritic Polyglycerol Based Synthetic Polyanionic Hydrogels, Macromol. Biosci., 2016, 16, 580. # – equally contributed.
- P. Dey,* S. Hemmati, and Rainer Haag,* Hydolytically Degradable, Dendritic Polyglycerol Sulfate based Injectable Hydrogels using Strain Promoted Azide-Alkyne Cycloaddition Reaction, Polym. Chem., 2016, 7, 375. * – Corresponding authors
- P. Dey, M. Adamovski, S. Friebe, A. Badalyan, R. Mutihac, F. Paulus, S. Leimkühler, U. Wollenberger, and R. Haag, Dendritic Polyglycerol−Poly(ethylene glycol)-Based Polymer Networks for Biosensing Application, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, 6, 8937.
Fellowship and Award
- National Post doctoral Fellowship (NPDF) (Since April 2017)
- Dahlem Research School (DRS) Honors (Post Doc) Fellowship, Freie Universität Berlin (July 2016 – March 2017)
- BIG NSE scholarship (Berlin International Graduate School for Natural Sciences and Engineering) from the cluster of excellence UniCat (Technical University Berlin) (From October 2010 – September 2013)
- Qualified CSIR-NET (December 2009)